Wednesday, December 26, 2012

One Down...One To Go...

Christmas done and dusted for another year.  I had a very pleasant day, just the boys and me.  We took a nice long, late morning walk, then I did some writing, reading, and made a really great dinner later in the afternoon.  It was a quiet, cozy day, which was just fine.

So, now there's only New Year's left, and we can call it 'game over' for 2012.  Considering what kind of year it's been, it will be good to see the backside of it.

As always, I have high hopes when a new year starts.  I try to keep thinking the glass is at least half full for as long as I can, and depending on outside influences, sometimes I can actually maintain a positive attitude clear into February.  Just kidding.  Mostly.

Here's another thing: I don't do resolutions.  Setting myself up to fail isn't how I like to do things.  Although, this year I am going to try something.  I was reading a review on a book called, The 52 Weeks, by Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin (out in 2013).  The premise is to try a new thing, once a week, for a year.  It doesn't have to be hard or complicated: cooking something new, going somewhere different, talking to a stranger, learning how to waltz.  The point is to expand your horizons, step out of the familiar, and have some fun in the process.

So, that's my big plan for 2013.  No resolutions, just possibly some fun experiences.  And if you think about it, that's only 52 things in the whole year.  Surely I can find 52 new things to try.  Right?  Right.

You know I'll be posting about this--weekly, if all goes well.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out...

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this weekly, new thing idea! Looking forward to you writing about it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It sounds like a great experiment, doesn't it? Looking forward to it myself...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think the hardest part will be actually finding 52 things I haven't already done, plus it would be far easier in a big city, like Edinburgh, but in a tiny village in southern Oregon? Hmmmmm....therein lies the challenge.

      Delete
  3. We are so happy to have inspired another person to try something new for 52 weeks! While we're hard at work finishing up our book, you can read about all our trials, tribulations, and successes from the first 52 weeks, here: http://the52weeks.com/.

    Thanks again and much luck getting done 52 new things this year! You'll never the doors and worlds it will open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! Good luck on finishing the book, which has already been such motivation--and not just to me.

      Delete